Thursday, November 1, 2012

The LIfe I'm [Currently] Loving

I work at a restaurant. I've worked there all through my college career. I love it most days, but it can be trying.

This summer I was promoted to the Management Team as we were remodeling our restaurant. So my position has changed and my "place" in the store has been slowly figured out.
Right after our remodel, one of our hosts visited
before her prom!




Last night, I had one of those nights that remind you why you love your job. It was Halloween night, so I thought it would be d.e.a.d. but that was not the case. The lounge was full all night! My staff was on top of everything and customers were pleased. The dishwasher, who I normally have to wait to finish at the end of the night, was gone before the last customers left! It was a fun night.

So this made me think: What makes a positive experience at the workplace?
1. A positive manager. She [or he] sets the tone for the night.
2. A fun staff. Allowing for some [appropriate] antics lets everyone enjoy their time.
3. Friendly competition. I created a contest for my cooks and they excelled and all guests were happy!

My 22nd Birthday, I got flowers, balloons and a gift card!
That's what I've found that makes my nights go swell at my workplace. What works at yours?

With Love,

Kelsey Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment