Sunday, November 11, 2012

My First Chambray

When did a "denim button-up shirt" become called a "chambray"? My mom wore them all the time, back in the day. My dad always wore them for work. I wore them as a painting smock at school. Who knew my mom was so before-the-time?

Anyways, I dove in and bought a chambray shirt from J. Crew Factory. You can find it here. I searched for a while for a good deal on one, and this was originally $62.50 and I got it for $24.99. I'm pretty pleased.

I bought it purposefully large so it will [hopefully] style well.

First time I wore it I styled it with grey leggings, a bright purple tunic and grey boots. I also wore black boot socks with it. I was running late for class so I neglected to take pictures of it.

The second time I wore it I played it up with a glittery shirt and dark denim jeggings - the man came into town and we had the chance to go out on a lunch date so I wanted to look cute :)
I'm still working on this whole picture-taking thing.

I like the shirt well-enough but I have plans to make it better. Adding a little lace to the cuffs, maybe some sparkle on the shoulders. We'll see :) But I'll share with you what I decide to do.


We'll see how this little experiment goes.


With Love,

Kelsey Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment